Monday, January 16, 2012

I'm going to give it another go....

So I have always thought of myself as a somewhat creative person.  I tried to mix fabric pages with paint and photos in a Donna Downey class.  I'm so NOT Donna Downey.  While I can appreciate and love her style and how cool it is...I just can't do it.  I'm totally not cool enough to pull it off.  The whole time I was there I felt like I was having a massive anxiety attack.....way too messy for me.  However, the book I was supposed to have finished is this super cute heart mini-album that I totally love.  So here I am 4 months later and I am going to try again.  I really want to finish it in time for Valentines Day for my hubby.
So here it is, finished...sort of...I might still work on it some...

So I changed the letters on the front, I wasn't liking the mixed polka dot alphas, I'm happier with it this way.

Page 1, this is my hubby and me....way back in the day before we were married...WOW we looked young!  The roses started a cream color and we soaked in the painty red water from the paint brush we used to paint the pages.  I didn't think the color was deep enough though so I came back and over sprayed it with Mr. Huey Schoolhouse.  I do love how they look, really cool.                 

The film strip used here was supplied the class kit, I added the pom pom ribbon from my supply of trims.
The swirly bling is Prima and was included in the kit, as well as the tags.  I added the stamp which is Pebbles Ever After line, from my collection on Disney-like stuff.  The ribbon is a periwinkle, which was the color from our wedding.  I love this pic...I think its funny...we look happy!
 Don't you love that old fashioned pic of Joel and I, that was this past year when we were on vacation at the beach.  He didn't want to take these pics, but he grinned and did it anyway because I wanted to.  What a good guy!
So I'm pretty happy with all these pages until.......
I have 2 of these blank grey/black pages, actually its this one page front and back, but I'm at a loss of what to do with them, so for now I am ignoring them and leaving them as is....
Last but not least...the back cover.  I cut the always out with my silhouette and then used it as a stencil filling in the letters with a white paint pen and then around the heart with the new We R White heart stamper.  I love the way it looks.  The word always has always been important to me.  Some of you know that Joel and I met while we were both working for Walmart, back then Walmart's slogan/tag line was Walmart, Always.  So there you have it, you really can get everything at Walmart!


                                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment