Thursday, April 7, 2011

Today is the Day

Today is the day.  The day I must conquer my fear and pick up a rolling pin.  That's right, baking day!  It's a very serious matter, and I am quite intimidated.  I promised my girl a layered fondant covered cake.  She doesn't want just a plain straight up and down cake, she wants it "wedding style!"  I agreed.  I'm not sure what was running thru my mind at that time besides that I wanted to make her happy.  The thing is her birthday party is tomorrow night.  She just turned ten so I let her invite 10 people.  The cake I am making I swear could feed 150!  The bottom tier is 12!  That's 2 twelve" cakes, followed by 2 9" cakes followed by 2 6" cakes!  I have so far made 3 cake mixes worth of cake and I am not done.  I will have to start another one after we go to her talent show!  Today I bought 2 lbs of butter and 2 2 lb bags of powdered sugar just for the buttercream!  I hope I have enough....So today I am baking and the smell of chocolate is wafting thru my house.  I'm a little dizzy from the sugar high off of the aroma alone!  Wish me luck people.

Just thought I would come and add a few pics of the finished cake.  It was a lot of work, but she was really happy with it, so thats all that matters.  I will share one thing I learned...it's not as easy at it looks on tv!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment